Wednesday 15 April 2009

Wooly amber


Wooly amber
Originally uploaded by Marian Florcita

The combination of glass and wool... always fascinating how one provides structure and texture and the other one, light. I am in experimentation mode. I've been making jackets, dyeing, spinning... more soon.
The bad side of good weather is that I feel bad, almost guilty, If Im staying indoors while the sun shines. Sure, I could take the laptop outside but... it just doesn't feel right. This will be detrimental to blogging! or at least for my blogs.

Photos: macros of an abstract wall hanging.

5 comments:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Looks fab!! Have you put a light behind it? Did you cut the felt open at both sides?

Lily Pang said...

This is cool! Hope can see a an overview of how it looks on the wall.

Mariana said...

Kim, there is no light behind and no I didn't cut the felt... stones were felted together with the wool... I still have to finish it but I love the glass and wool thing.

Lily, As soon as I make a frame of sorts, I will show you :)

Mariel said...

wow! que interesante! parecen "encendidos"

Mariel

Mariana said...

si, tal cual... encendidos!