Wednesday 21 May 2008

Bowls spree!

Yesterday a company came over to work in our house. This is a very old house which, when we bought it, had been left untouch since it was built in 1948. It was fun and a challenge for us to bring it to these days and age, and we are still busy ... but everything has been done with our own hands which takes longer. There are certain things, like insulating your walls, that one just can't do. We dont have the equipment. So, these people came, drilled 150 holes on the outside walls of our house and then, through them, filled the gap between the outside and inner wall ( each wall is formed by two single brick walls. In the middle, air...till today) with terlgopor little balls.

While this was taking place, I couldn't leave the house. So I took out my wool, water and soap... and worked on some stuff.

I've been meaning to do some felted bowls for the etsy shop I'm setting up (I don't want to have the same items on both Dawanda and etsy's shop). I just grabbed 3 different wools: La Plata broken white, red merino (love it!!) and some Gotland Island grey. I added to the mix some red linen fibers and some cotton yarn I had laying around.

Making bowls is an experiment in itself... adding stuff, shaping it...and then hanging it to dry. This is what I came up with:



Individually:

Crossroads bowl



Dots bowl:



Nerves bowl:


Red melting bowl:



So, what do you think?
By the way, they are now for sale at my etsy shop: www. florcita.etsy.com

6 comments:

Sara Millis said...

I love your bowls... something I would love to try... maybe when things quieten down here.

Thank you for the link.
Sara x

Mariana said...

Hey Sara... they are fun to make.... you are a busy bee... maybe when you take some vacations...well deserved!!!

Paola Zakimi said...

Marian, deje un post en hispanodawandas, chequealo, es sobre pw, me encantan tus felting bowls!, te paso mi mail asi me tenes y charlamos un poco
lasrtapil arroba gmail punto com
entende'>?
vamos que vas super bien con tus cosas, mas promo!

Mariana said...

Gracias Doña Pil! Gracias...

Ale said...

Hola Marian!
vengo de tu ooootro blog, hoy que ando para el traste leerte me levanta el ánimo.
Están bárbaras tus cosas !!!
un beso grande desdee Cóoordoba...
con tonadita :D

Mariana said...

Ale! Hola y me alegro que pueda alegrarte... mira que elocuente que estoy! :)