Monday 19 May 2008

Painting Porcelain

For a long time now, Ive been wanting to give porcelain panting a try. Last week I had -finnally!- some time to go to the shop and get some material. The good thing about this products is that if you dont like the design you've made, you can easily take it out with a sponge and warm water. When you are happy with your drawings, you let it dry for about 4 hours and then you fire it in a home oven at about 170C. Let it rest...and voila! Done! They are even dishwasher safe! Once fired, the paint wont come out. Im afraid however, even though I haven't done it myself, that if you cut on top of the drawing, it will get scratched... I have the feeling!

Anyway, after drawing half of the cups and saucers we own, I finnally came up with the following, which are now for sale at my DaWanda shop, Florcita.


6 comments:

MoniQueen said...

They are absolutely lovely! Specially the green mugs! So cute... If I move to Europe once I'll be your customer! :-)

Mariana said...

:) Thanks Monique... move close enough and we can also be friends :) LOL

Sara Millis said...

Oh wow... they are wonderful!

Mariana said...

thanks Sara!

Maguita said...

Marian, están hermosos los jarritos y los platos, todo, todo, de verdad era tu primera vez? Los había visto en Flickr y no te comenté pero me encantaron a primera vista.
Felicitaciones!!!!

Mariana said...

Si Sra... mi primera vez... te lo juro por el pibe mira! :)