Tuesday 16 June 2009

Flickr Favorites Tuesday: bikes fietsen bicicletas


Flickr Faverites Tuesday: bikes fietsen bicicletas
Originally uploaded by Marian Florcita


"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could ...."

"Bike"
Pink Floyd

Yes, i've got a new bike. The other one was too old and heavy and my bike is the one with the kid chair. So... you know, old bike + 3yrd old kid... it was heavy.
We like taking bike rides and stop in farms and buy fresh produce. For instance the asparagus with which we ate the bread in the post bellow, we bought in a farm as we were biking around on the wekend...
You can't live in The Netherlands and not have a bike. There are bike lanes almost everywhere so it is pretty safe, not to mention that as you take your course to learn to drive, future drivers are carefully instructed to look through every single mirror in the car (in an especific order and amount of times) to avoid crashing on a biker!
I admire dutch women whom you see biking with two kids, one in front and one on the back, and grocery bags hanging from the sides... wearing high heels... under the rain! Amazing. To me that is a balance act proper of a circus!

So, here a few bike pics I like from Flickr.
If you want to join Flickr Favorites, hop to Mitsy's blog.

Do please click on the pic for a larger view and for the list of talented photographers from whom I've borrowed these pics. All the credit to them, I didn't take the pics!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to you - love your mosaic . That bottom left image has been a favourite of mine for ages..love the lighting from inside and the bluey mood.
Yes, Holland is the place for bicycles - I share your amazement about what people manage to cycle with - my sister in law, who lives there, but isn't Dutch either, has really adapted and cycled home from the plant shop with a HUGE pot plant in her front basket.

I bijoux dello Stregatto said...

Beautiful and original!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Hahaha, I need a new bike too & now I want a basket on it! I want an oma bike though 'cause I only use it for short distances and I love how they look! :)
Great mosaic, Marian! Now I need to see the asparagues you made! I love 'em! :)

ingermaaike said...

OOooh so impatiently awaiting my bike...

Mariana said...

Starry...it's really quite admirable how these women bike around absolutely loaded and just happy. That bottom page I find it so cool. The lightning yes, and the books inside and bikes...I don't know. Just like it :)
Bijou...thanks!
Mitsy, I have an oma fiets, the old one, but nwo I got a super light mountian bike. We do go for long bikerides and with the extra 15kl on my back, it is much helpful. But oma fietsen zijn anders... dunno... much more romantic looking!
Inger, ordered already?? what takes so long?